We have SOOOOO much negative programming around how our bodies “should” LOOK, that it is easy to fall into not loving our bodies just because our physical form doesn’t look the way we want it to at this moment in time. And this can make it easy to eventually adopt the mindset of hating the body we have right now.
If this is something you have fallen into, here is a tool that can help you LOVE your body NOW:
With each step below, really focus on that part of your body and on sending it love!
- Love your eyes for giving you sight.
- Love your olfactory organs and your taste buds for allowing your to enjoy the way food tastes, not just the nutrients it brings to you.
- Love your ears for allowing you to hear the wonderous sounds in the world.
- Love your skin for giving you the wonderful sensation of touch.
- Love your nose for allowing you to smell honeysuckle in the breeze.
- Love your heart for keeping the blood flowing through your body.
- Love your lungs for delivering life-giving oxygen and removing toxins.
- Love your liver for processing everything you ingest so you can use it.
- Love your digestive system for processing the food you eat and absorbing the nutrients from it.
- Love your thyroid, your adrenals, your pituitary, your pineal gland, and all your other glands that create the hormones that allow your body to communicate vital information to your cells.
- Love your mouth, tongue, and vocal cords for allowing you to converse, sing, whisper, and scream.
- Love your reproductive organs that allow you to create new life, express sexual love, and feel immense pleasure.
- Love your feet for allowing you to get where you want to go.
- Love your hands for ALL the MANY amazing things they do!
- Love your brain and nervous system for the way they masterfully run the rest of your body without your even needing to think about it.
- You can keep going if you like!
MOST importantly, finally love your ENTIRE body for the way it works synergistically together in harmony! Love it for keeping you alive.
The point is to focus on LOVING your body as it is right NOW. The more you can do that, the more you will have LOVING thoughts about your body. This will help with less comfort eating, less self-deprecation, more empowerment, more exercise, and more care of what fuel goes in this fantastic bio-machine you inhabit. And THAT will help transform your body to have more energy, be healthier, and become the form that looks much closer to the ideal you hold in your mind.
Let me know how this works for you. Also, let me know if you have any other suggestions to help people with loving their bodies more easily.